Curfew in all but 6 districts effective until April 1
Posted in Local News
The government states that curfew in Colombo, Gampaha, Kalutara, Puttalam, Kandy and Jaffna districts will remain in force until further notice.
The curfew in all other districts, which was re-imposed at 2.00 p.m. today (April 30), will remain in effect until 6.00 a.m. on April 01 (Wednesday).
Inter district travel is prohibited for any purpose other than essential services.
The government states that the law will be strictly enforced against those who misuse the methods that are in place to maintain essential services efficiently.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
It is now 12 days since my wife (80 years old) and I (77 years old) were last able to shop. When will we be able to shop again in Negombo?
We are senior citizens with health issues in Hendala, We are unable to get our medicines and other essentials and no govt lorries or vans come our way trying to access the hospital is of no use as they do not answer their phones trying to access the Sathosa pick app is equally useless so how do you expect us to live ? Suggest you beaurocrats come down from your ivory towers and supervise the distribution of goods.