Second COVID-19 death reported in Sri Lanka
Posted by Editor on March 30, 2020 - 6:59 pm

Second COVID-19 death in Sri Lanka has been reported from the Negombo Hospital, the Ministry of Health said.
Ministry of Health said that the deceased was a 64 year old male resident of Porutota, Negombo.
He had been admitted to the Negombo Hospital over a cardiac-related illness. However, the doctors had tested him for COVID-19 upon been diagnosed with suspicious symptoms.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Anusha Palpita granted bail February 20, 2026
- Sri Lanka Parliament gazettes law ending MP pensions February 20, 2026
- Professor Maithree seeks two-week delay before FCID February 20, 2026
- Walasmulla house worth Rs. 30 Million frozen over drug money probe February 20, 2026
- US Pacific Fleet Chief meets Sri Lanka Defence Secretary to boost maritime security ties February 19, 2026

