Chilaw family of 5 including infant infected with COVID-19
Five persons from the same family have tested positive for the novel coronavirus infection, stated Minister of Health Pavithra Wanniarachchi.
Reportedly, the family from Chilaw had been detained and quarantined yesterday (29) under the suspicion of contracting the virus.
After testing for the virus today (30), all 5 members of the family have tested positive for COVID-19.
Among the family members is a 4-month old infant, according to the Health Minister.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023