Chilaw family of 5 including infant infected with COVID-19
Posted in Local News
Five persons from the same family have tested positive for the novel coronavirus infection, stated Minister of Health Pavithra Wanniarachchi.
Reportedly, the family from Chilaw had been detained and quarantined yesterday (29) under the suspicion of contracting the virus.
After testing for the virus today (30), all 5 members of the family have tested positive for COVID-19.
Among the family members is a 4-month old infant, according to the Health Minister.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023