– by Shenali D Waduge –
Globally over 50,000 NGOs (international and local) enjoy $10billion fund allocations. Who funds them and what they do with the funds raises more questions than answers. For too long we have mistakenly fallen prey to organizations that have pretended to be the spokesmen for world human rights. In reality they function as mercenaries disguised as human rights champions. World policies are dictated by corporate-financiers and their interests which take place through powerful Western Governments and a new breed of mercenaries like Amnesty International.
- When Amnesty International USA runs a campaign titled “Free Pussy Riot – Help Amnesty International send a truckload of balaclavas to Putin” and moreover seeks DONATIONS for this campaign from the American public does that depict UNBIAS, FAIRPLAY and ETHICAL PRACTICE?
When Amnesty International gets students to carry placards with “Russia, stop arms transfer to Syria” does that now show political bias? There were no placards asking US/UK or NATO to stop arming and training rebels.
When Amnesty places on bus stops in Chicago hoarding that reads “NATO, Keep the progress going” does it not convey a hidden meaning?
- When Amnesty International says it is ‘Independent’ of Governments and Corporate interests, is this not contradicted with the appointment of Amnesty International’s Executive Director, USA (Susanne Nossel) who was directly drawn from the US State Department given her role behind US State Department-backed UN resolutions regarding Iran, Syria, Libya, and Cote d’Ivoire.
- When its Executive Director Suzanne Nossel was a former Assistant to Richard Holbrooke as well as functioning as Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Intenrational Organizations at the US State Dept as well as working for Human Rights Watch where is the credibility of Amnesty?
- When Amnesty International says “Amnesty International is funded mainly by its membership and public donations. No funds are sought or accepted from governments for investigating and campaigning against human rights abuses. Amnesty International is independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion” – Is this not a lie in the light of the following statement by Amnesty International itself “The Directors are pleased to acknowledge the support of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the Oak Foundation, Open Society Georgia Foundation, the Vanguard Charitable Endowment Programme, Mauro Tunes and American Jewish World Service. The UK Department for International Development (Governance and Transparency Fund) continued to fund a four year human rights education project in Africa. The European Commission (EuropeAid) generously awarded a multi-year grant towards Amnesty International’s human rights education work in Europe.”? Does this not prove that Amnesty International takes money from both Governments and Corporates? George Soros’s Open Society is connected to both Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch illustrating how these two bogus human rights entities have been fooling the masses with their human rights crocodile tears.
- When Tom Cartalucci of InformationClearing House declares “Amnesty run by US State Department representatives, funded by convicted financial criminals, and threatens real human rights advocacy worldwide.” Is he wrong?
- What a sham Amnesty International reports are in the backdrop of its connections to Western Governments and Corporate financiers.
- Can Amnesty International deny making a payment of UK £533,103 to its out-going Secretary General Irene Khan when her annual salary was only £132,490.while the deputy secretary general – Kate Gilmore who retired the same year (2009) received an ex-gratia payment of only £320,000
- Can Amnesty International deny its racial bias concentrating mostly on non-white non-western nations only as seen by its annual reports and other promotional material?
- When former Amnesty International Board Member Prof. Francis Boyle during the 1980s-90s claims that Amnesty International policy is closely aligned to foreign policy interests of US and UK does this not seal Amnesty International’s lies and hypocrisy? Boyle even says that 20% of AI’s international budget comes from AI USA which inadvertently means the US State Department?
- Did Amnesty International not reply on Syria without even setting foot in the country?
- Can Amnesty International deny its role in telling lies during the Gulf Far? Amnesty International in a 1991 Press Release accused Iraqi soldiers of killing “scores of civilians, including newborn babies, who died as a direct result of their forced removal from life-support machines.” This was used by President George Bush to justify US actions. Prof. Boyle has admitted that Amnesty International did not establish how the babies died, they had only see the graves – these were unverifiable evidence which Amnesty International claimed was evidence. How many other ‘press releases’ have had unsubstantiated accusations which may have led to powerful Governments taking action?
- Sri Lanka has not forgotten Amnesty International’s dirty games played during the cricket 2007 World Cup. Amnesty International launched a campaign titled “Sri Lanka, Play by the Rules”. Amnesty International may recall that the GOSL even accused Amnesty International of siding with the LTTE.
The examples are many and it simply showcases the fact that foreign governments have leveraged their espionage activities and outsourced it to a new group of people who can take cover under the globally protected maxim of ‘human rights’. Just mention the name and from UN Secretary General down there are protective mechanisms to enable them to be used to drag targeted nations to the gallows.
The mischief these organizations have got up in Third World nations are no small number backed by the Western media and their local stooges that act as the 5th column happy to take hefty remunerations to sell one’s own country and compromise the integrity of the nation simply to serve the needs of white imperial rule. They are nothing but mercenaries who have sold their souls just to live a good life while thousands and millions suffer and the world is torn up in strife – is this why none of the world conflicts can ever see an end?
These are the very organizations now being used to through their local surrogates penetrate society, fool the masses, manipulate them and bring them to the streets to create ‘democracy’ that would lay the foundations for the West and their corporates to descend and plunder nations in what is a remaking of colonial rule under a new nomenclature.