Dansalas must register with CMC
All dansalas held in the Colombo Municipal area should be registered with the Health Department of the Colombo Municipal Council (CMC), Chief Medical Officer of the CMC Dr. Ruwan Wijayamuni said.
Dr. Wijayamuni said that organizers of dansalas should obtain their registration from the Chief Public Health Inspector (PHI) of the CMC. He noted that this action was taken to ensure food safety during the Vesak week.
“Medical officers and PHIs would inspect the cleanliness of the kitchen, cleanliness of the water used, the process of dispatching garbage and the cleanliness of the people who prepare food. It will be prohibited to conduct a dansala without the permission of the CMC,” he stressed.
Dr. Wijayamuni pointed out that there are many unhygienic foods provided by certain dansalas hence it is important to ensure the quality and the safety of the food.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023