Daughter of COVID-19 apparel worker also tests positive for coronavirus
Posted in Local News
The 16-year-old daughter of the apparel worker from Divulapitiya, Minuwangoda, has also tested positive for COVID-19, said Commander of the Army Lieutenant General Shavendra Silva.
Six members of the family of the infected woman was placed under quarantine at the Habaraduwa Quarantine Center and were subjected to PCR testing early this morning (04).
The results of the PCR tests indicate that the 16-year-old daughter of the woman has also contracted the novel coronavirus.
Accordingly, she is to be transferred to the Infectious Diseases Hospital (IDH) in Angoda.
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023