DAYASIRI appointed SLFP General Secretary
MP Dayasiri Jayasekara was temporarily appointed as the General Secretary of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) yesterday.
The SLFP Central Committee unanimously decided to temporarily appoint Jayasekara as the General Secretary of the party, United People’s Freedom Alliance (UPFA) General Secretary, MP Mahinda Amaraweera said.
The SLFP Central Committee meeting was held at the President’s official residence yesterday evening.
Prof.Rohana Lakshman Piyadasa who was temporarily appointed as SLFP General Secretary in June last year had tendered his resignation paving way for Jayasekera’s appointment. No other changes to key office bearers of the SLFP have been made.
Jayasekera speaking to the media said he would strive to win back the support of those who had distanced themselves from the party due to various reasons. Jayasekera identified party reorganization and uniting warring factions as one of his main priorities.
(Source: Daily News – By Rasika Somarathna)
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023