New Zealand beat Sri Lanka by 45 runs in opening ODI
Posted in Sports News
New Zealand won the opening one-day international against Sri Lanka by 45 runs in Tauranga today.
New Zealand, electing to bat first, made 371 for seven with Martin Guptill making 138, Kane Williamson 76 and James Neesham a whirlwind 47 not out off just 13 deliveries.
Sri Lanka were all out with one over remaining for 326. Kusal Perera top-scored with 102 while Neesham took three for 38.
The second match in the three-match series is in Tauranga on Saturday.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
This was a high scoring affair. Had our middle order contributed SL would have won. Our lads gave a good fight!
Better luck next time.
The Hon Minister for Sprt, ‘Google Baloon’ Harin should sack Hathurusinghe promptly.
Hathurusinghe appears to be all fart and no shit.
Anyway, we will lose 1st round in the World Cup.
Bring back Thilanga; only hope.