First baby of 2019 born in Rome, a Sri Lankan
A Sri Lankan couple residing in Rome had the honor of being the parents of the firstborn baby in the New Year.
The baby had been born ten seconds after the dawn of the New Year at St. Philip Neri’s Hospital in Rome.
The couple, Prasad Bandara and Madubhashani Yapa, had been living in San Pietro, Rome for a few years now. The baby has been named Italo Bandara in honor of Italy.
The Mayor of Rome Virginia Rejji had visited the newborn and his parents in the hospital.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s Public Security Minister affirms continuation of operations despite pressure February 21, 2024
- Rear Admiral Pradeep Rathnayake appointed as Chief of Staff of Sri Lanka Navy February 21, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board to reduce electricity tariffs by nearly 20 percent February 21, 2024