Democracy was upheld during CBK’s term – President
Posted in Local News
President Maithripala Sirisena said yesterday that the Bandaranaike family did everything for the country without corruption and fraud.
The president was speaking at a function to mark the 70th birthday of former president Chandrika Bandaranaike Kumaratunga. He said democracy was upheld during the term of Mrs. Kumaratunga, and everybody was consulted when taking decisions. “She was humble enough to correct her mistakes whenever they were pointed out,” he said.
He said democracy was upheld during the term of Mrs. Kumaratunga, and everybody was consulted when taking decisions. “She was humble enough to correct her mistakes whenever they were pointed out,” he said.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Then why did Sirima lost her civic rights and Ponil voted for depriving her civil rights and serve under the man as a minister, who is responsible for all that? Then why did you appoint Ponil as the Prime Minister?
WE NEED ANSWRS!!!
It is good to see the President has raked and selected a national banian of the Mahajana Peramuna – Vijaya K umaratunga era to be very conspicuous at the old lady’s b’party. However it is regrettable to note that he has forgotten his past as to relegate the fact that Mrs,Sirimavo Bandaranaika was unceremoniously kicked out of the Parliament and her civic rights denied for five years for CORRUPTION by JR of whose Cabinet Ranil was a very prominent Minister. Was Ranil hiding his face when the president made these remarks is not sure . Mr. President Sir, do you not consider the good old lady Sirrimavo a member of the Bandaranaika family?
Only the wealth written into her childrens name in the UK would show how corrupt Chandrika was. Mr. President, did you consult Ranil before making these statements.