Election Laws effective from today
Posted in Local News
The Elections Secretariat has decided to apply the election laws from today. The relevant regulations have been informed to the political parties and independent groups.
Police said that organizing of processions of any sort is prohibited from today. It will be enforced until one week after the election.
Processions on the last day of accepting nominations have also been banned. Police have planned an island wide security plan covering all Districts in connection with the General Election.
(Government News Portal)
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
Let us all wish our ever smiling EC a very successful attempt in his en devour to conduct a peaceful election .Let not the big sharks jump over the security blanket being lad by the Police chief.