Detained Sri Lankan women in Israel to be sent back to Jordan
The two Sri Lankan women, who were detained two days ago by Israeli and Jordanian border guards while illegally entering Israel from Jordan will be sent back to Jordan, the Sri Lankan ambassador in Israel said.
It is confirmed that the two women are aged 50-year-old and 44-year-old, the embassy said.
“The two Sri Lankans entered Israel illegally through the Jordanian border, so it was announced that they would be sent back to Jordan,” Sri Lankan Ambassador in Israel Nimal Bandara said.
“I will coordinate with the Sri Lankan Embassy in Jordan regarding the safety and future affairs of both,” the ambassador added.
However, the Ambassador Nimal Bandara said that the Sri Lankan Embassy in Israel will work with the Sri Lankan Embassy in Jordan regarding the safety and future affairs of both of them.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023