Development officers to engage in sick note campaign today
The Development Officers Service Union will launch a sick note campaign today (March 14) based on several demands including salary anomalies of graduates in the state sector.
Chandana Sooriyarachchi, the Secretary of the Trade Union stated that several other trade unions are also supporting the move and the trade union struggle will continue until authorities resolve their concerns.
He threatened to take further trade union action such as massive protest campaigns and indefinite strikes if authorities fail to meet their demands.
He added mass protests will be held at district level today as well.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023