Dhammaloka Thero forced to disembark London-bound flight
Ven. Uduwe Dhammaloka Thera, who was to leave for England, has been asked to disembark the flight this morning over an issue in the travel ban date on the court order.
Ven. Uduwe Dhammaloka Thero had arrived at BIA today (26), to attend Dhamma sermons held in London, when he was told that he was not allowed to board the plane due to an overseas travel ban against him.
Immigration and emigration official said even though the travel ban on the thera had been temporarily lifted between August 26 and September 12, he could not be allowed to leave earlier than that.
However, after inspections, the Thero had been allowed to board the plane, only to be disembarked from it several minutes before takeoff.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
This is CLEAR political victimisation.
The Lily White’s Yahapalana has curtailed more and more freedoms.
The Sirisena-Wickremasinghe-Mangy Yahapalana is now a Hitler like Dictatorship.
Actually, I prefer the R Family dictatorship; the dumped their White Van victims by the roadside with bruises all over the body. Thy killed a few but most were dumped.
It is better to stay silent if you really don’t know a subject discussed without bringing Hitler and Yahapalanaya together. Legally what immigration did was right. They got legal advice and acted. Please leave it at that.
Yahapalana deprived a Buddhist Monk of his rights to reach out an audience in the United Kingdom and to participate in a religious festival.
Yahapalana has treated a Ven Buddhist Monk as if he is criminal (no evidence, of course) and a Tamil Terrorist (has Vijayakala been banned from travelling overseas?) seeking to divide the Nation.
Shame on Yahapalana; they are becoming a set of scoundrels with no respect to religious practitioners and religious dignitaries.