Dhammika Perera ready to contest Presidential Election
Sri Lankan Businessman Dhammika Perera says he is ready to contest the upcoming Presidential Election in Sri Lanka.
Dhammika Perera said he will contest for the election if the political parties can provide assurances that a 51% majority can be obtained at the election.
Dhammika Perera is currently a member of Sri Lanka Parliament from the National list of Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP).
According to sources, he hopes to get support from all the political parties including the SLPP.
He noted that 1.5 million students from 1.1 million families out of the total 5.5 million families in Sri Lanka are benefiting from the D.P. Education initiative commenced by him.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023