Dhammika Perera sworn in as a minister
Businessman Dhammika Perera, who recently became a Member of Parliament, was sworn in as the Minister of Investment Promotion today (June 24).
He took oaths before Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa this evening.
Secretary to the President Gamini Senarath was also present at the occasion.
Dhammika Perera was sworn in as a Member of Parliament from the National List of the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) on Tuesday (June 21).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023