Diana Gamage’s citizenship issue to be heard on January 26
A writ petition filed seeking an order declaring State Minister of Tourism Diana Gamage is disqualified to be a Member of Parliament since she is a British citizen was today (December 12) fixed for hearing on January 26 by the Court of Appeal.
The order was issued by the Court of Appeal two-judge-bench comprising Justices Sobhitha Rajakaruna and Dhammika Ganepola.
Attorney-at-law Hafeel Farisz, who appeared on behalf of the petitioner Oshala Herath and President’s Counsel Farman Cassim, who appeared for the General Secretary of Samagi Jana Balavegaya (SJB), Ranjith Madduma Bandara, who has been named as a respondent of the petition, requested the court to fix a date for the case to be heard as soon as possible, considering this as an urgent matter.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023