Diana Gamage’s travel ban temporarily lifted
The overseas travel ban currently imposed on Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) MP Diana Gamagae has been temporarily lifted by the Colombo Chief Magistrate’s Court today (December 15).
President’s Counsel Sarath Jayamanna appearing for Diana Gamage moved Court to relax travel ban imposed against his client since she is expecting to go abroad between December 21 and December 23.
Accordingly, the Colombo Magistrate’s Court lifted the travel ban imposed on the State Minister of Tourism for a period of five days.
The Controller General of the Department of Immigration and Emigration has been ordered to take all necessary measures in this regard.
Diana Gamage’s foreign travels were initially barred by Colombo Chief Magistrate Nandana Amarasinghe on November 11 over a complaint challenging the veracity of her identity documents including the birth certificate, the National Identity Card (NIC) and the passport.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023