Dimbulagala PS Opposition Leader joins govt
Posted in Local News
The Opposition Leader of the Dimbulagala Pradeshiya Sabha, Ranjith Kahagalla, has joined the government and pledged support to President Mahinda Rajapaksa at the upcoming Presidential Election.
Speaking at a press conference held at the office of Polonnaruwa Distirct MP Roshan Ranasinghe’s office this morning, the PS member stated that he has no faith in the United National Party’s methods.
Kahagalla, who had contested the Local Government polls under the UNP ticket, received the highest preference votes in the entire North Central Province.
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023