Disappointing to see present govt. also investing in Hambantota – Patali
Minister of Megapolis and Western Development, Patali Champika Ranawaka stated that although the Rajapaksa Government invested Rs. 900 billion to develop Hambantota, no economic benefit was reaped by it.
He accordingly said that it was disappointing to see the present government making investments centered on Hambantota too.
He expressed these sentiments upon attending an event in Gampaha yesterday (14).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023