Dr. Ananda Wijewickrama appointed new chairman of NMRA
Dr. Ananda Wijewickrama has been appointed as the new Chairman of the National Medicines Regulatory Authority (NMRA).
Minister of Industries and Minister of Health Dr. Ramesh Pathirana appointed Dr. Ananda Wijewickrama to the post.
He has replaced Professor S.D. Jayaratne as the NMRA Chairman following several allegations over the importation of substandard medicines.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023