Driver arrested over crash that killed police officer granted bail
Posted in Local News
The 24-year-old law student Tharindu Ratwatte who allegedly drove the Defender vehicle involved in the accident in which police officer was killed, has been granted bail today (19).
Tharindu Ratwatte was arrested and remanded over the accident, which took place on June 11, resulting in the death of one police officer and critically injuring another.
It was later revealed that the suspect had been driving under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023