Driver arrested over crash that killed police officer granted bail
The 24-year-old law student Tharindu Ratwatte who allegedly drove the Defender vehicle involved in the accident in which police officer was killed, has been granted bail today (19).
Tharindu Ratwatte was arrested and remanded over the accident, which took place on June 11, resulting in the death of one police officer and critically injuring another.
It was later revealed that the suspect had been driving under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s Public Security Minister affirms continuation of operations despite pressure February 21, 2024
- Rear Admiral Pradeep Rathnayake appointed as Chief of Staff of Sri Lanka Navy February 21, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board to reduce electricity tariffs by nearly 20 percent February 21, 2024