Drunk drivers could lose license for a year or more – Motor Traffic Dept.
The Motor Traffic Commisioner General S. H. Harishchandra stated that the points system will be implemented from January in order to create disciplined drivers.
Therefore, those arrested while driving under the influence will be given 24 points and will have their license suspended for a year. The driver will also be presented at court and depending on the situation, might get a lifetime suspension of the license.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024
- India to push rupee investments in Sri Lanka February 27, 2024