Duminda Silva and 10 others released on bail
UPFA Parliamentarian Duminda Silva and 10 others, who were accused in the killing of former Minister Bharatha Lakshman Premachandra were released under the previous bail conditions with two more sureties by the Colombo High Court today.
They were each ordered released on a Rs 50,000 cash bail and two personal bails of Rs 2 million and were also barred from leaving the country.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023