Tissa quits govt.
Posted in Local News
Deputy Minister of Buddha Sasana and Democratic Governance Tissa Karalliyadda has quit the government.
“I faxed my letter of resignation to President Maithripala Sirisena on Tuesday evening,” the former Minister told The Island yesterday.
Anuradhapura District UPFA MP Karalliyadda said that the incumbent government, driven by hate, was victimising SLFPers. “Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa proposed a national government in 2006. The UNP was silent at that time, but now wants a national government. Karalliyadda said that his supporters were from the SLFP and they were not ready to approve what he called the political marriage of convenience between the government and Opposition.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Well done! Yes, it is a government with only one task and only one cause binds all the kendaheliya together – destroying MR and his legacy. Came to power by lying and misleading the stupid voters, but have nothing of the ‘alleged this’ alleged that’ to show now. Like the cats Sxxx on the rock, cannot now cover up the lies . Where is the general election for a government that came to power with OVERWELMING public vote and confidence? Why so scared to go before voters? Instead talks about postponing the election and reforming the election system!
I hope the others follow.
Well done MR Karaliyadda. I had the opportunity to meet with MR Karaliyaada briefly and felt he was a gentleman and he has proved to be one.We need more men with balls in our political scene not frogs who are ever ready to jump from side to side.Unfortunately our Sinhalese people very easily misled by gossip and lies so they believed all the bullshit that was fed to them by Ranil and his cronies prior to the election. It is sad that most of them who voted for MS are already regretting but do not want to admit. This government is not going to take Sri Lanka in the right direction any day soon. The only way for SL to prosper is to get rid of this lying bunch.