Tissa quits govt.
Deputy Minister of Buddha Sasana and Democratic Governance Tissa Karalliyadda has quit the government.
“I faxed my letter of resignation to President Maithripala Sirisena on Tuesday evening,” the former Minister told The Island yesterday.
Anuradhapura District UPFA MP Karalliyadda said that the incumbent government, driven by hate, was victimising SLFPers. “Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa proposed a national government in 2006. The UNP was silent at that time, but now wants a national government. Karalliyadda said that his supporters were from the SLFP and they were not ready to approve what he called the political marriage of convenience between the government and Opposition.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023