Election Commission Member P.M.S. Charles resigns from post
Member of Election Commission P.M.S. Charles resigned from her post, a spokesman from the President’s office said.
Sources said the President had received Ms. Charles’s letter of resignation informing she will resign from the commission on January 25, 2023.
Meanwhile, according to sources, Chairman of the commission Nimal Punchihewa is also expected to follow suit.
The development comes after the constitutional council decided to call for applications from potential members to independent commissions.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023