Elephant attack kills two in Anuradhapura
Posted in Local News
Two persons were killed when they were attacked by a wild elephant, which stormed Uda Maluwa in Anuradhapura Sri Maha Bodhi this morning, Police said.
Wildlife Conservation Officers and the police are conducting operations to chase away the elephant, police said.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
When people are taking over their land, they have to start attacking. Where else they go?
Authorities have to stop clearing forests in order solve this.
Authorities won’t to prevent deforestation. Forest department is full of corruption and bribery. Divisional Forest Officers, Range Forest Officers and beat forest officers earn some thing and just do their very routing duties for survival and withdrawing salaries.