Third secretary of the Sri Lanka Embassy in Oman involved in Human Trafficking arrested
The third secretary of the Sri Lanka Embassy in Oman, E. Kushan was arrested by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) officers upon his arrival at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) in Katunayake this morning (November 29).
Kushan arrived in Sri Lanka at around 3.57 AM today (November 29) from Muscat, Oman’s port capital.
The official in question has been accused of allegedly being involved in the human trafficking racket where Sri Lankan females seeking foreign employment as domestic workers had been sent to Oman on tourist visas and later used for sex trafficking.
Embassy officer in Oman interdicted over human trafficking
UPDATE – 01:55 PM: The third secretary of Sri Lanka Embassy in Oman, E. Kushan who was arrested this morning in connection with the human trafficking ring, has been remanded until December 13, 2022 by the Colombo Chief Magistrate’s Court.
He was produced before Colombo Chief Magistrate’s Court after the CID arrested him upon his arrival at the BIA in Katunayake earlier today (November 29).
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023