Establish COVID-19 testing centres in all provinces – Kiriella
Posted in Local News
Former Parliamentarian Lakshman Kiriella has requested the government to establish a coronavirus testing centre in all nine provinces.
Speaking at a media briefing Kiriella said the governments lockdown measures have been ineffective.
Kiriella stated that the Opposition as well as the World Health Organisation from the inception stated that the main method to contain the spread of the coronavirus is increasing testing capacities.
He noted that while funds required for testing was not a concern to the government owing to foreign donations, he urged the government to increase testing in order to curb the spread of COVID-19.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
Mr Kirella was a Senior Minister in the Yahapalana Govt who did not have a clue on how to handle intelligence information prior to the Easter 2019 jihadist incident.
Mr Kirella was a Senior Minister in the Yahapalana Govt who did not have a clue on how to manage the incident effectively in the few days after the incident with his boss out shopping in Singapore for his son’s wedding.
Now Mr Kiriella is saying we need testing centres in each province.
We need testing centres in each Grama Sevaka Division to effectively monitor the spread of Covid-19, my dear dinosaur Kiriella.