EU delegation to visit Sri Lanka for talks on GSP+ concessions
A delegation of the European Union is scheduled to visit Sri Lanka on September 27, the Foreign Secretary Admiral (Prof.) Jayanath Colombage said.
The EU envoys are expected to engage in discussions with the Sri Lankan authorities on the GSP Plus concessions.
Sri Lanka has secured tariff free access to markets in the European Union under the GSP plus after it agreed to implement various international conventions on human rights and good governance.
Recently, the European Parliament also passed a resolution calling for the European Commission to nix the facility for Sri Lanka unless it makes tangible progress in this regard.
The delegation will stay in Sri Lanka till October 4.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023