‘Fake patriotism will be identified & revealed’
The JVP says false patriotism and racism will be identified following an extensive dialogue on the Millennium Challenge Corporation agreement.
Speaking at a conference Parliamentarian Bimal Ratnayake said certain groups used the MCC agreement to seek political benefits.
He questioned as to why it is so difficult to hold discussions pertaining to the truth of the Millennium Cooperation Challenge agreement, adding the MCC was an enemy created during the election period.
Ratnayake said the public know it as something that will divide the country, further remarking the JVP believes this agreement will have a political use for socio-political groups and will help to reveal a group of leaders who came into power with false patriotism and racism.
He stressed that by establishing such an understanding the JVP hopes to defeat them with a large mandate, or at least delay it in order to change the clauses in this agreement.
He said they hope to reveal to the people false patriotism and false sovereignty and what true racism is through this discussion.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023