FIB grills ex-Economic Development secretary
The former Secretary of the Economic Development Ministry Dr Y.D. Nihal Jayathilaka and former Director of People’s Leasing & Finance Mr P. Kudabalage are being questioned by the Fraud Investigations Bureau (FIB).
They are being interrogated in connection with alleged financial irregularities in the Divi Neguma Development Department which comes under the Ministry of the Economic Development, the police media unit said.
Meanwhile the former Chief of Staff at the Presidential Office Gamini Senarath was also questioned by the FIB yesterday over an alleged financial fraud.
A former Health Ministry Secretary, Dr. Jayathilaka was appointed as the Secretary to the Ministry of Economic Development replacing P.B. Jayasundara on May 29, 2014.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023