Fire reported at factory in the Katunayake Free Trade Zone
A fire has broken out at a laboratory of a waste management factory at the Katunayake Free Trade Zone at around 4:45 this morning.
Police said four fire trucks have been deployed to douse the fire while the Sri Lanka Army and the Sri Lanka Navy together with the Board of Investment fire brigade units are also assisting in dousing the fire.
Also a helicopter belonging to Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) is engaged in a joint effort to douse flames.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024
- India to push rupee investments in Sri Lanka February 27, 2024