Fire reported at factory in the Katunayake Free Trade Zone
Posted in Local News
A fire has broken out at a laboratory of a waste management factory at the Katunayake Free Trade Zone at around 4:45 this morning.
Police said four fire trucks have been deployed to douse the fire while the Sri Lanka Army and the Sri Lanka Navy together with the Board of Investment fire brigade units are also assisting in dousing the fire.
Also a helicopter belonging to Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) is engaged in a joint effort to douse flames.
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023