Fire reported at Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Finance
A fire broke out on the second floor of the Ministry of Finance in Sri Lanka, which is located in the Old Parliament building in Colombo, Fire Brigade said.
Several fire engines have already been deployed to the location to douse the flames.
The cause of the fire and damages are yet to be ascertained.
UPDATE – 04:15 PM: The fire reported at the Ministry of Finance earlier today (August 16) has been completely extinguished.
The fire is suspected to have been caused due to an electrical short circuit.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023