First consignment of COVISHIELD COVID-19 vaccines arrives in Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
The Air Indian flight (AI- 281) carrying the first consignment of Oxford-AstraZeneca’s COVISHIELD COVID-19 vaccines gifted by the Indian government has reached Sri Lanka today (January 28).
A special flight chartered by Air India touched down at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) with 500,000 vials of doses packed in tailor-made boxes for the purpose.
Oxford-Astrazeneca’s COVISHIELD vaccine is manufactured by Serum Institute of India. This has been approved for emergency use by Government of Sri Lanka.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
It is better that people’s representatives in parliament (224) should be given first preference in rolling out this vaccine, before giving it to the public. Normally vociferous MPs for their parliamentary privileges, perks & benefits are this time surprisingly & silently waiting, till it tested on others ! In many other countries, we have seen that the heads of states were taking the first vaccine doses in public to convince their citizens ! They were setting the good example.