First Omicron patient identified in Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
First case of Omicron variant of the COVID-19 has been detected in Sri Lanka today, confirmed the Health Promotion Bureau.
A Sri Lankan National who had recently returned from South Africa has been confirmed to have contracted the Omicron variant.
It is reported that he had arrived in Sri Lanka a few days ago and situation was revealed during the analysis of the results of a PCR test conducted at the airport
The Health Ministry has urged people not to panic as all preventive measures were being taken to prevent a spread.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023