Fonseka begins hunger strike at Welikada – Anoma
Sarath Fonseka has begun a hunger strike at Welikada prison a short while ago, his wife Anoma Fonseka claims. She added that Fonseka was scheduled to be taken for a medical checkup after the court proceeding and instead was rushed out a back door and taken to the Welikada prison.
Due to this Fonseka has commenced a protest fast at the Welikada prison, she added.
Courtesy: Ada Derana / Pix by AP
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023