Fonseka does not oppose request for presidential pardon
Imprisoned former Army chief Sarath Fonseka will not oppose if there is a request for a presidential pardon for him, UNP general secretary Tissa Attanayake said.
The ex-commander has told Mr. Attanayake, however, that neither he nor anyone in his family would make such a request.
The UNP general secretary was speaking to the media after visiting Mr. Fonseka at Welikada Prison.
He said the opposition leader would submit next month a request for a presidential pardon through Ven. Galaboda Gnanissara Thera.
Courtesy: Sri Lanka Mirror
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023