Fonseka not invited for UNP Working Committee meeting
A special meeting of the United National Party (UNP) Working Committee is scheduled to be held this evening (10).
Accordingly, the meeting will be held at ‘Sirikotha’, the UNP Headquarters, chaired by Party Leader Ranil Wickremesinghe.
A final agreement on the formation of a new alliance – led by the UNP – is to be reached at this meeting.
However, Field Marshal MP Sarath Fonseka stated that he is not invited to the Working Committee meeting today.
Meanwhile, Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa says he should not be obstructed if he is given power.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023