‘UNF government will punish bond issuance perpetrators’
Parliamentarian Patali Champika Ranawaka claims under a future United National Front government, all perpetrators of illegitimate Central Bank bond issuances, will be punished.
Speaking during a public gathering in Maharagama, Former Minister Ranawaka challenged Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa to bring all perpetrators to book.
Parliamentarian Champika Ranawaka added that the present government, as claimed while in the opposition, has not taken any measures to apprehend the masterminds of the Easter Sunday bombings.
Speaking at the same event, Leader of the Opposition Sajith Premadasa claimed that his faction is prepared to support all progressive moves of the government.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023