Fonseka takes oath as MP
Posted in Local News
Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka was sworn in as a national list MP of the United National Party (UNP) a short while ago.
Sarath Fonseka was sworn in parliament before Speaker Karu Jayasuriya.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
congratulations Sir you Deserve it, keep up the good work to develop the country the same way you did to end the war best of luck for a fantastic future in politics.
Now there must be jitters within the MaRa camp!
It is illegal to become a parliamentarian while holding a government post.
He should resign first.
No idea who is advising for them.
“Appointment of Sarath Fonseka as National List MP Would Become a Legal Issue Warns Ex- President Mahinda Rajapaksa”
“Gota and MaRa supporters worried that Fonsekais in parliament now”
The above news headings clearly shows that the MaRa camp is very jittery and pissing and shitting in their pants!
I raise the question again, “why worry if the soldiers were carrying the UN HR charter in one hand and the gun in the other”.
Hey you concerned man.
I think you should be concerned that you have forgotten who won the war. Do you not remember Sarath F saying that he was not responsible for the so called war crimes because Gota was the one who was giving the orders. He should then make up his mind if he was responsible in winning the war and be responsible for accusations thrown at who ever won the war.
It is real convenient for you fools and the stupid interfering west to blame MR and Gota for the war crimes and give the glory of winning the war to Sarath. I am sure you are not a true sri Lankan if you can not see what the west is trying to do and how much arse licking is going on with the current leaders and the west.