‘Nishantha Malli’s’ fate due to wrong company: Arjuna
“If Nishantha Malli was in the company of good guys, he (Nishantha) would not have to face to such a scenario. The law should be equal to everyone.
No interferences from me. However, I will be with my Malli,” Ports and Shipping Minister Arjuna Ranatunga yesterday said referring to the arrest of his younger brother Nishantha Ranatunga over the CSN case.
The minister made this comment to the media after lodging a complaint with the Human Rights Commission on the recently concluded Sri Lanka Cricket election.
He said the Director General of Sports had violated several laws related to the cricket and the Sports ministry should take the responsibility in this regard.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023