Food inflation in Sri Lanka drops to 47.6% in March
The overall rate of inflation, as measured by the Year-on-Year (Y-o-Y) change in the Colombo Consumer Price Index (CCPI), further decreased to 50.3% in March 2023, from 50.6% recorded in February 2023, the Department of Census and Statistics said.
The CCPI for all items for the month of March was recorded at 195.0, with an increase of 5.5 in index points (2.92%) from February 2023, for which the index was 189.5, the Department of Census and Statistics said.
Meanwhile, the food inflation has also reduced to 47.6 percent in March from 54.4 percent in February.
The Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) said this month’s inflation is the lowest reading in 2023.
Meanwhile, the Non-Food inflation has reduced to 48.8 percent in March from 51.7 percent in February 2023.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023