Former CJ acquitted and released
Posted in Local News
The Bribery Commission today withdrew all three ongoing cases against former Chief Justice Dr. Shirani Bandaranayake over non-declaration of assets in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
The Colombo Magistrate’s Court today acquitted and released her from the case after the Commission to Investigate Allegations of Bribery or Corruption decided to withdraw the charge sheet.
Colombo Chief Magistrate Gihan Pilapitiya also ordered the removal of the ban imposed on Bandaranayaka from traveling abroad and to release the her passport which was in the custody of the court.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023