Former CJ acquitted and released
The Bribery Commission today withdrew all three ongoing cases against former Chief Justice Dr. Shirani Bandaranayake over non-declaration of assets in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
The Colombo Magistrate’s Court today acquitted and released her from the case after the Commission to Investigate Allegations of Bribery or Corruption decided to withdraw the charge sheet.
Colombo Chief Magistrate Gihan Pilapitiya also ordered the removal of the ban imposed on Bandaranayaka from traveling abroad and to release the her passport which was in the custody of the court.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024