Former Directors of ETI Finance and Swarnamahal Jewellers Ltd arrested
Posted in Local News
The Criminal Investigation Department today arrested Jeewaka Edirisinghe, Anjalee Edirisinghe and Asanka Edirisinghe, the former directors of ETI Finance and Swarnamahal Jewellers Ltd for running an unauthorized finance business.
The Coordinating Officer of the Attorney General, State Counsel Nishara Jayaratne, said that the investigations will be carried out over the unauthorized acceptance of deposits worth Rs. 13.7 billion, misappropriation, and money laundering.
Attorney General Dappula de Livera earlier directed the CID to arrest and produce former directors of ETI Finance and Swarnamahal Jewellers Ltd on charges of running an unauthorized finance business.
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023