Former Swarnamahal Jewellers Ltd Directors granted bail
Former Directors of the Swarnamahal Jewellers Ltd Jeewaka Edirisinghe, Deepa Edirisinghe, Asanka Edirisinghe and Nalaka Edirisinghe, who were arrested by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) were granted bail by the Fort Magistrate’s Court today.
They were arrested yesterday for running an unauthorised finance business.
The Attorney General earlier directed the CID to arrest and produce the Directors of Swarnamahal Jewellers Ltd on charges of running an unauthorized finance business.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023