Former Swarnamahal Jewellers Ltd Directors granted bail
Posted in Local News
Former Directors of the Swarnamahal Jewellers Ltd Jeewaka Edirisinghe, Deepa Edirisinghe, Asanka Edirisinghe and Nalaka Edirisinghe, who were arrested by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) were granted bail by the Fort Magistrate’s Court today.
They were arrested yesterday for running an unauthorised finance business.
The Attorney General earlier directed the CID to arrest and produce the Directors of Swarnamahal Jewellers Ltd on charges of running an unauthorized finance business.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023