Four air force personnel killed in fatal crash at Warakapola
Posted in Local News
Four air force personnel have died after the three-wheeler they were travelling in collided with a truck on Kandy-Colombo main road at around 4.00 a.m. this morning.
The accident took place at Demmaladeniya area in Warakapola.
The accident occurred when a three-wheeler travelling from Warakapola to Colombo rammed on to a lorry plying along the opposite direction.
The group of Air Force personnel was returning after attending a funeral in Matale.
The driver of the container has been taken into custody.
Warakapola Police has launched probes into the incident.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Sure it is an alcohol / drug related accident.
Glory to the Ranaviru, hope GR Govt will give the guys a state funeral with 21 gun salute.
Stupid moron, are you the medical authority, the judge, and the jury here?
Obviously Sri Lankan forces and Ranavirus mean nothing to your type of anti-SL scumbag, likely because you are a separatist or a jihadist uh?
We patriotic Sri Lankans, and yes proudly speaking, we the proud Sinhalese patriots, we do mourn the loss of our dear Ranaviru brothers/sons here and will never think of making frivolous and malicious comments about an unfortunate incident such as this about them.
Dear Ms. Esmee Ferananndo, So, you already passed a judgement and gave the verdict. You have stated that this is drug related and has to also with alcohol! I am afraid you are ‘jumping the gun’ here.