Free education must not be restricted – Sajith
Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa pledged that under an SJB-led government, free education would not be restricted to certain individuals and that no amendments would be made that would disrupt free education.
Premadasa said the Kotelawala Defence University should be maintained in its present form. He met social media activists in the Gampaha District and raised these concerns. “However, we will not allow anyone to combine the Kotelawala Defence University and free education, or to obstruct free education in the name of the Kotelawala Defence University. The SJB, as a political party, always sends clear messages to the Government.
Meanwhile, we will look into anyone who cannot pursue their education due to economic reasons and devise an effective mechanism to assist them to continue their education,” he said. Meanwhile, Premadasa said since the Government took office, there has been an increase in harassment of children and women.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Nabiya Vaffoor)
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023