Fuel Price Revision committee meets today
The price formula committee is scheduled to meet this evening for the monthly fuel price revision, the Finance Ministry said.
This committee, convening on the 10th of every month, revises the prices of fuel according to the prices of the global oil market and the fuel price formula.
However, since the 10th fell a public holiday this month (August), the committee did not convene on that date. As yesterday (12), too, was a public holiday, the Committee will be convening today.
Last month the price of petrol (Octane 92) was increased CPC by Rs. 3 a litre, while LIOC increased it by Rs. 7 in addition to increasing Petrol Euro III also by Rs. 7.
The CPC is now selling Petrol (Octane 92) at Rs.138 a litre and other fuel prices remained unchanged.
The price of Lanka kerosene will also remain at Rs. 70 a litre.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023