Fuel prices reduced in Sri Lanka
Fuel prices in Sri Lanka will be reduced from midnight today (March 29).
Minister of Power and Energy Kanchana Wijesekara said that the prices will be revised based on the fuel pricing formula.
Accordingly, Octane 92 petrol will be reduced by Rs. 60, Octane 95 petrol by Rs. 135, Auto Diesel by Rs. 80, Super Diesel by Rs. 45 and Kerosene by Rs. 10 per litre.
The new prices are as follows:
- Octane 92 petrol – Rs. 340
- Octane 95 petrol – Rs. 375
- Auto diesel – Rs. 325
- Super diesel – Rs. 465
- Kerosene – Rs. 295
Both Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CEYPETCO) and Lanka Indian Oil Corporation (LIOC) agreed to this price reduction.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023